Planet Nomads - Review

Planet Nomads is a Steam early access, open world, survival game on a planet which has varying biomes for the player to explore. In the game, you crash land on this planet and have to survive in the wilderness by yourself. As a lone scientist, you, the player, have to use your wit and knowledge to create whatever basic needs you require in this sci-fi sandbox. The is constantly being updated and is never boring. When starting a new save in Planet Nomads the player is presented with a sleek looking menu which prompts them if they want to play a survival game, or a creative game. The feature is something fairly small, but it proves that the developers have thoughts quite deeply about who they might want to target for their audience. For an early access survival game, it is very good that they have already considered that not many people will want to do the “survival” element of the game and just want to build a cool base or a cool car. After all, not everybody is into resource

Lawbreakers - First Impressions


The following is not a full fledged review, but merely my initial impressions to Lawbreakers.

Before I start, let me explain where I come from with this game. Sadly, I missed all of the betas and played it for the first time on the day of the launch (7th August, 2017). That’s pretty much it. I haven’t played many other arena FPS games except for Overwatch, which people are comparing to Lawbreakers.

Now, let’s start explaining my first impressions.

I haven’t played very much of the game yet (under 10 hours), but I must say, Lawbreakers is amongst the most fast paced and difficult FPS games I have ever played. The game relies to heavily on individual skill, yet accuracy isn’t everything. The movement of the game is insane and the zero gravity sections are like mission impossible for me to tackle right now. I can’t seem to grasp the entire picture of the game as it is throwing so much action into such a fast game.


When I launched the game I must say, I am guilty of skipping all tutorials. I will get to those another day, but the trailers hyped me up for the game way too much that I just wanted to throw myself right into the action and with that, right under the bus. I got destroyed. I didn’t know how to play any of the classes and barely understood the objectives in each game mode. My mistake. After I had played the first game, I sorted out my key bindings. It is my preference to have my melee attack (a kick) on my mouse thumb buttons. I also needed to find out which controls did what, so I sorted that out too.

My second game was a lot better. I started to understand the movement and some of the characters. I did experience a bit of an odd feel to the game. It seemed like a lag issue, but that resolved itself after a while. I still don’t know what was causing that. I read the chat and others had experienced the same issue. Anyways, the game continued. I successfully got a few kills as the assassin class and was loving the movement. I figured that there is no point trying to play the game in a sneaky manner with the assassins, as you should get in close and personal before they can start shooting you. When I got shot at, I died pretty quickly. Suppose that may have just been because I suck at the movement, but it may also have been due to the little health that the Assassin has.


What have I enjoyed about the game so far? I love how little it held my hand. Although, it may have held it a bit if I had done the tutorials, I loved how the game set the scene for itself. It instantly told me it was a skill based FPS that was going to be nuts, and indeed it was. I have enjoyed how every class can 1v1 against any other class and still have a chance at winning. There is a great sense of balance and a wonderful unique feel to each character. I love the unpredictability of how the games might turn in favour or against me. It truly felt like a unique experience.

I will clock in a few more hours into the game and write a full review on the game in a few days. I hope you enjoyed reading my first impressions.


-X_Pilot

Comments