Planet Nomads - Review

Planet Nomads is a Steam early access, open world, survival game on a planet which has varying biomes for the player to explore. In the game, you crash land on this planet and have to survive in the wilderness by yourself. As a lone scientist, you, the player, have to use your wit and knowledge to create whatever basic needs you require in this sci-fi sandbox. The is constantly being updated and is never boring. When starting a new save in Planet Nomads the player is presented with a sleek looking menu which prompts them if they want to play a survival game, or a creative game. The feature is something fairly small, but it proves that the developers have thoughts quite deeply about who they might want to target for their audience. For an early access survival game, it is very good that they have already considered that not many people will want to do the “survival” element of the game and just want to build a cool base or a cool car. After all, not everybody is into resource

Witch It - Review



Witch It is prop hunt on steroids and it’s not even finished. As a Steam Early Access title it has the opportunity to improve with large quantities of feedback, so it can pretty much only get better. I have quite high praise for this game as it has proven to me that a simple idea of hide & seek can be so much more than meets the eye. I can already say now that I recommend Witch It To people of every age.

So what exactly is the idea behind this game? Quite simple really. Hide & Seek in which the Witches hide from the angry villagers which have to find out which item the witches are playing as and kill them. The idea is very similar to that of Garry’s mods prop hunt game mode.


So why is this game special? Why not just play Garry’s mod? Witch It is a game designed with the sole purpose of prop hunt. It has a wonderfully simple aesthetic and has little limitation as to what players can become. It’s atmosphere is really intense yet very cheerful. It has a certain feel that just makes the entire experience pleasant, as opposed to Garry’s mod, which is good at everything, but not amazing at anything. Witch It nails the prop hunt experience!

My experience with the game was astonishing. I went into the game thinking “This looks interesting” and really not expecting much, but the game blew me away. I spent my first hour laughing my head off and the rest of the time trying to recover from having a lack of oxygen reach my brain. Hiding as a piece of cheese in an autumn tree has never been more fun, especially when taunting the enemy. The game was quite small, but I had heaps of fun.


The game was very fun, but there are a few adjustments I personally would have made. I dislike the cluttered main menu GUI as it doesn’t leave much room to see what the game is really about. Maybe a fun cinematic or recording of a game that never ends would be quite funny and also leave the menu looking a bit sleeker than it currently does. I’m not one to enjoy clutter on a menu.

Apart from that I can’t really say very much about this game. It is insanely fun and gameplay wise I haven’t found anything I would change. The levelling system works well and everything simply works. I would currently recommend this game to anybody that is looking for a laugh. I wonder where they will take Witch It in the future. How much better can this game possibly get?


-X_Pilot

Comments